Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Bravery and Valiance

Macbeth Journal #2
                Tonight my hands will do the bloody deed that my ambition beckons me to do. My wife has questioned me as a man... only a true man would have the courage to slay a man when he is staying under his own roof. Or does it make me a coward that I will kill Duncan whilst he sleeps? Making my sleep no longer a place of innocence and purity, but a place where I am vulnerable to foe. Leaving my heart bare with no defence from merciless daggers... My disloyal, untrustworthy heart! Do I even know love or do I just have a powerful gripping lust for anything that could give me power? Do I love my wife or do I just keep her happy because I know that when she bears a son it will also benefit me? Oh, what man am I? I have the shell of a man for a body, but a weak cowering child lives within. My wife deserves better; for her I will become the powerful, almighty brave and valiant man she wants me to be! For I will be king and she will be my worthy queen!  Together we will rule all of Scotland!

-Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment