Macbeth Journal #1:
The weird sisters hath predicted my destiny and fate. I shall rise to immense power... This knowledge seems to have given birth to something within... almost a deep recklessness and merciless ambition. My hands hath the power to draw blood of those I trust; whom believe that I am loyal to them. I shall slay anyone who stands in my way of being king. The blood shall wash as easily from my hands as though it were nothing more than a speck of dirt. Oh... how the twisted sisters grasped my curiosity when they told Banquo that he would not be king, but have kings, and that he is less happy but far happier than I. Their twisted riddles and superstitions meddle with my mind and cause a yearning to take action. How may it be that Banquo’s rat, Fleance, may one day be king? Oh, such an outrage! Will Fleance be the one to murder me? Never... I shall be protected at all times and he would be killed by my guards if he even attempted to lay a finger on me. Soon my wife’s empty womb will fill with many male children creating a suitable heir, worthy of the throne. A great king hath many sons and great power, what else could bring a man more happiness?
-Macbeth
No comments:
Post a Comment