Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Tainted Daggers


Macbeth Journal #3
                Oh what bloody deeds my hands have done! Not even the tears of an angel could purify them. Never shall these crimson stains be removed. For I have slain the king, whilst he sleeps...in my own manor. These daggers will always be imprinted with my flesh and tainted with my greed. My disloyalty shall be known amongst all. Guilt surges through me, carrying itself in my bloodstream, poisoning every inch of my body. My mind is forever churning with worries and paranoia. What should I do? I fear that what I’ve done has destroyed me...That I should flee to start a new life elsewhere! But if I do that, what will become of my ambitions to become king? My murder... oh my! It’s strange pronouncing those words. It would have been for nothing, I’d have released a soul from this world to realize that I am a coward. If I run away, I would be automatically a suspect. I must stay, my dreams will prevail and the future shall one day be in my hands. Vehemence and Malice surge through my blood, nothing will stop me!
-Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment