Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Untimely Death

Journal #7

                Not even a thousand words spoken from the most wise and insightful of philosophers could describe how I feel right now. My heart has been ripped into a million raw pieces; aching in my chest, yearning for the one I love. My face is stained with the salty tears that flow as steadily as the Nile. Tidal waves of sadness and despair wash through me. I am enveloped in a dark blanket that strangles any hope that tries to reach me.  I am a broken man, incomplete without my wife by my side. Every second that goes by without her, I realize I should have treasured her more. I was a fool; I didn’t appreciate what I had, I was always searching for something more. What we did absolutely ruined her; she could not take the guilt for her heart was too pure. I drove her into this insanity causing this untimely death to steal her from me. I simply cannot continue, my hand is not steady enough for my sobs convulse through me. Each one brewing more self hatred and guilt, wishing I had never began this monstrous pursuit of ambition…
-Macbeth

No comments:

Post a Comment