Journal #8
Sometimes in the darkest of hours, life’s true lessons reveal themselves. A greedy man has nothing while a generous man has everything. My blood lust took anything I once cared about, away from me. I have no love, no friendship and no trust from anyone. Frankly, I don’t think I could ever deserve any of it ever again. It feels as though I am living the life of a walking dead, if death were to present itself at my doorstep, I would graciously welcome it. It would relieve me of my grief and misery that tortures my heart constantly. With nothing to do but think, I understand what the Weird sisters meant by Banquo being less happy but far happier. A man who is satisfied with what he has and takes nothing , but gives everything will always have a more rewarding life. However, the man who had more to begin with but takes everything he wants, will always end up losing what he once treasured most. The greed ruins his soul and makes him lose sight of what is important in life. I see now that Banquo would be father of a line of kings figuratively, not literally because his sons’ goodwill would always prevail over my corrupted, inhumane morals. The honour associated with their names would be like royalty in comparison to the dignity left in the name Macbeth. I am nothing. I was just a man who wasted his life making foolish mistakes that he can never fix. I pray you adieu journal, for I wish that someone would come to break me out of this trap that they call life.
-Macbeth
Well done Mackenzie. You have creatively shown M's development and transformation throughout the play. You have brought in some good examples from the play to show his integrity and his change from it. YOu have a flair for writing creatively and your insight into macbeth's transfiguration is creatively done as well. You have definitely demonstrated his evolution as a character. Good work.
ReplyDelete